Why Collagen? Collagen is the essential protein that holds our body together. It makes up 70% of the dry weight of our body’s tissue. As the most abundant protein in the human body, it creates the structure for the skin through amino acids that maintain skin elasticity and help create a healthy glow. As we get older, our bodies naturally produce less collagen, causing the typical signs of aging like wrinkles and sagging skin. What are Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen Peptides? We source our collagen exclusively from fish as opposed to bovine (beef) or poultry (chicken) due to its superior bioavailability (amount that your body actually digests and absorbs). Hydrolyzed marine collagen peptides are collagen amino acid strands that have been broken down into a smaller molecular size for easy absorption. In this state, case studies have shown 95% of the collagen strands are absorbed within the first 12 hours. Additionally, since collagen peptides are known to stimulate fibroblast cells (these make up the structure of the skin), effects are long-term in helping to promote collagen production naturally within the body. Is this beverage sweetened in any way? The ‘less than 1g’ of sugar on our label refers to the naturally occurring sugar found in lemon juice. There is no added sugar.
- Our daily beauty tonic formulated to hydrate skin, increase elasticity, reduce wrinkles and trigger new collagen production.
- “All in all, my time with Dirty Lemon left me feeling (and apparently looking) fabulous…” – GUEST of a GUEST
- Only 20 calories and 1g sugar per bottle
- Filtered Water, Pure Lemon Juice, Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen Peptides, Cayenne, Luo Han Guo, Ocean Minerals, Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (Electrolytes)
- Collagen is the essential protein that holds our body together.