Wormwood essential oil is extracted from a small shrub originally native to Europe and Northern Africa. The wormwood plant has a long history in folk medicine, and is best known as the key ingredient in the intoxicating drink absinthe, long consumed by artists because they believed it stimulated creativity.
Wormwood essential oil contains the fragrant compounds that gave absinthe its particular flavor, and it also contains high amounts of thujone, a powerful psychoactive substance. For this reason, therapeutic use of wormwood essential oil requires particular care, and prolonged use of wormwood essential oil should be avoided.
Properties: Anthelmintic, Digestive, Emmenagogue, Febrifuge, Insecticide, Tonic
Perfumery Note: Top
Aroma: Spicy, Warm, Bitter
Blends with: Jasmine, Lavender, Neroli, Orange, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Manuka, Myrrh
- Botanical Name: Artemisia Absinthium
- Plant Part: Flowering Tops / Aroma: Spicy, Warm, Bitter
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled / Color/Consistency: Dark Green With Medium Consistency
- Country of Origin: United States
- 30ml in Amber Glass European Dropper Bottle
Please bookmark us at www.drhuldaclark.curehelp.com